Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just call me "Guía-N"

I'm very excited to announce that I won't be working or blogging through the end of the month because I am expecting GUESTS!  That's right: I just confirmed that my first (and possibly only) visitors have taken off from Dulles and are currently en route to Buenos Aires.

Essential goods for surviving Buenos Aires
While I have no Jell-o mold or flower leis to offer as greeting gifts, my welcome wagon is quite awesome if I do say so myself.  Each kit includes:
  • Cachafaz treat (hands-down the best brand of alfajores
  • a packet of tissues (uses of which are described in the guide)
  • Buenos Aires maps (including the indispensable Guía-T)
  • a detailed guide, "Tips for Surviving BsAs," written by yours truly, which includes general tips and survival, my phone number and some Argentine Spanish.
For those of you who are wondering: the number one tip is to watch where you step, i.e. avoid dog poop and uneven pavement.  Anyone else who decides to visit me will also receive one of these amazing,  complimentary kit— am I selling this hard enough?

Now I'm off to have a great visit with my family.  I'll be back in July with plenty of pictures and stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment