Saturday, June 5, 2010

Strolling around San Telmo

San Telmo: home of the tango
Since my first visit to the San Telmo Market one sweltering day back in January, I've been meaning to return when the weather was cooler and my wallet fuller.  Last Sunday (nearly six months later) I finally accomplished that goal.

The market was mostly the same: hordes of tourists, fresh squeezed orange juice, marching bongo drummers and plenty of odd souvenirs and baubles.  This time, however, I found myself shivering rather than sweating within the windy blocks of Calle Defensa.  At one point I almost bought an extremely dorky alpaca poncho simply to stay warm.  Luckily a 7-peso choripan kept me toasty enough.  Besides, there's no better way to spend a Sunday than wandering the eclectic, and often bizarre, market with a chorizo sandwich in one hand and a cup of OJ in the other.
No one was mugged in the making of this art

1 comment:

  1. Nicole
    Nana, Grandaddy, and I enjoyed all these posts.
    School is out in PA 6/18. We're gearing up for the Coleman Reunion in July. NO other big family news. Take care, Roz, Ruth, & Don

    ReplyDelete