Friday, March 5, 2010

Februay in photos

February might be the shortest month of the year, but my mind (and my camera) are still chock full of stories and pictures that didn't make it into the blog.  Inspired by my favorite expat blog, Suddenly in Asia, I've decided to do a post of photos to fill in the gaps, for it was certainly a busy little month.

Our balcony looks breezy with Anna's dress drying in the sun.


No, I'm not in D.C., but the Obelisco does look like a smaller Washington Monument.


The bookstore chain El Ateneo has one of its locations inside a former theater.  The stage is a cafe and the balcony seats serve as excellent reading spots if you can nab one.


The massive Monumento a Los Españoles is at the crossroads of the Palermo parks, and particularly stunning at night.



Chinese New Year (top) gets more publicity in the barrio chino than Valentine's Day (bottom).  Isn't that  refreshing?






 Enjoying a delicious brunch at Home, a boutique hotel with an adorable "backyard" located in Palermo Hollywood.


Johanna and I pose for pictures after our first visit to the MALBA (Mueso del Arte Latinamericano de Buenos Aires).  My student ID gets me in free every Wednesday!

This potluck dinner (also known as the Empanada Strike!) at my apartment showcased everyone's culinary prowess: one girl even managed to make a delicious hummus using a food processor.

4 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for the shout-out! Your pictures look amazing :-) I want to come visit you so badly!!!
    xoxo, Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything for my most devoted reader ;)

    I want to come visit you too! Why can't one of us win the lottery or strike oil or steal a private jet or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask myself that ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUMB! They trying to copy my city with that Obelisco!!
    Yay for Chinese New Year in Argentina! My people are now a little bit closer to taking over the world.

    ReplyDelete